2012 Yamaha XT250
- Stock Number:
Paved. Unpaved. Unequalled.
With the electric start, 245 front and 203 millimeter rear disc brakes, and over 11 inches of ground clearance, the XT250 makes traveling the world a breeze.
*Price does not include freight, prep or tax.
|Transmission||5-speed; multiple-disc wet clutch|
|Bore x Stroke||74.0 x 58.0mm|
|Engine||249cc air-cooled, SOHC 4-stroke single|
|Fuel Capacity||2.4 gal|
|Fuel Delivery||Teikei 33mm|
|Fuel Economy||73 mpg|
|Brake Front||245mm disc|
|Brake Rear||203mm disc|
|Suspension Front||35mm telescopic fork; 8.9-in travel|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm w/rebound-adjustable single shock; 7.1-in travel|
|Ground Clearance||11.2 in|
|Seat Height||31.9 in|
|Wet Weight||291 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
- Additional Features: Air-induction system helps clean up emissions, and a spark arrestor makes the XT trail ready.
- Additional Features: Dependable, low-maintenance battery.
- Additional Features: Durable and wide front fender is designed to keep mud and dirt off the rider when exploring off-road.
- Additional Features: Durable fork boots help prevent rocks and debris from damaging fork sliders.
- Additional Features: Easy-to-use choke lever.
- Additional Features: Enduro-style, 60/55-watt halogen headlight features a cool 133mm lens for excellent visibility at night.
- Additional Features: Flex-mounted turn indicators offer great durability against breakage.
- Additional Features: Frame-mounted passenger footpegs provide two-up riding capability.
- Additional Features: Long, thick seat creates a balanced riding position for optimal rider movement and comfort.
- Additional Features: Multifunction digital LCD instrument panel with cool green background lighting is easily visible day or night. It also removes a lot of weight from the handlebar for light, precise handling.
- Additional Features: Retractable brake and shift pedals deal with tough trail obstacles.
- Additional Features: Standard dual rearview mirrors.
- Additional Features: The stylish gas tank holds a full 2.4 gallons for long-range riding.
- Chassis/Suspension: 11.2 inches of ground clearance means you’ve got serious off-road capability.
- Chassis/Suspension: 21-inch front and 18-inch rear aluminum wheels are extremely durable and reduce unsprung weight for enhanced suspension performance and handling.
- Chassis/Suspension: 245mm front disc and 203mm rear disc brakes combine to deliver superb stopping power on both paved and unpaved surfaces.
- Chassis/Suspension: A rear shock provides 7.1 inches of wheel travel through a progressive, Monocross®-style linkage system for a smooth ride.
- Chassis/Suspension: A semi-double-cradle steel frame achieves a lighter, nimbler feel through greater mass centralization. Greater lateral and torsional rigidity and reduced weight of the lower frame parts help produce light, stable handling.
- Chassis/Suspension: Maximum turning angle of the handlebar is 51 degrees—almost like a trials machine. Combined with a short wheelbase of only 53.5 inches, the XT250 has a super-tight turning radius for excellent maneuverability.
- Chassis/Suspension: The front fork has 8.9 inches of travel to soak up the rough stuff, both on-road and off. An aluminum lower triple clamp keeps the weight down.
- Engine: 249cc air-cooled four-stroke with 9.5:1 compression makes maximum power at 7500 rpm and maximum torque at 6500 rpm for great on- and off-road performance.
- Engine: 33mm vacuum-type carburetor keeps the airflow up for excellent performance and throttle response.
- Engine: A light crankshaft helps provide quick responsive power.
- Engine: A light-and-strong forged piston inside a plated cylinder helps dissipate heat more efficiently, increasing both performance and durability.
- Engine: Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
- Engine: Engine is mounted high in the frame to provide an incredible 11.2 inches of ground clearance.
- Engine: Hassle-free pushbutton electric starting adds extra convenience and reliability.
- Engine: Straighter intake tract for improved performance.
- Engine: Wide-ratio five-speed transmission for maximum power and performance in a wide range of terrain and conditions.
- Key Features: 245mm front disc and 203mm rear disc brakes combine to deliver superb stopping power on both paved and unpaved surfaces.
- Key Features: Electric start makes firing up the 249cc four-stroke effortless.
- Key Features: Long-travel suspension and more than 11.2 inches of ground clearance live under a seat only 31.9 inches from the ground.