2011 Yamaha V Star 950
- Stock Number:
Osage Beach , MO
Long and low. The way to go.
The V Star 950 features the longest wheelbase in its class for that stretched look and incredible straight-line cruisability, along with an ultra-low seat height of just 26.5 inches. A fuel injected, air-cooled V-twin working eight valves via roller rockers provides plenty of thumping torque and power for real open road cruising. A fat tire out back and a final belt drive get the power to the ground and look good doing it.
*Price does not include Freight, Prep, Admin fee or Tax.
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Bore x Stroke||85.0mm x 83.0mm|
|Engine||942cc air-cooled 4-stroke, V-twin, SOHC, 4-valve|
|Fuel Capacity||4.4 gal|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel injection|
|Fuel Economy||47 mpg|
|Brake Front||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|Brake Rear||Hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic fork, 5.3-in.travel|
|Suspension Rear||Single shock, 4.3-in travel|
|Tires Front||130/70-18M/C 63H|
|Tires Rear||170/70-16 M/C 75H|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||32.0°|
|Seat Height||26.5 in|
|Wet Weight||613 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
- Additional Features: The large-diameter meter is mounted on the fuel tank for a traditional look. Meter functions include speedometer, fuel level warning light, oil level warning light, and odometer with two trip meter functions, fuel trip meter, and clock display. The LCD display illumination can be adjusted using a right side handlebar switch.
- Chassis/Suspension: Fenders are real steel, front and rear. That adds to the quality look and feel, and makes customization easier.
- Chassis/Suspension: Front forks feature big 41mm tubes, and rear suspension is a bottom-link-type monocross shock. Settings are calibrated to deliver a plush ride that is increasingly firm as the suspension is compressed for good handling and comfort over bigger bumps in the road.
- Chassis/Suspension: Large 320mm front and 298mm rear discs provide strong braking capacity with excellent feel.
- Chassis/Suspension: The big 18-inch front wheel helps deliver this cruiser motorcycle’s sporty handling characteristics and “Sport Classic” cruiser looks. The low-profile 130/70-18 tire is mounted on an 8-spoke lightweight aluminum wheel. The 170/70-16 bias ply rear tire adds a beefy look and helps transfer all that torque and power to the pavement.
- Chassis/Suspension: The seat height a mere 26.5 inches off the pavement, one of the lowest around, and a fuel tank that’s made as narrow as possible where it meets the seat, it is easy for most riders to put both feet firmly on the ground.
- Chassis/Suspension: The steel double-cradle frame is long and low, contributing to the bike’s spacious 95.9-inch (2435mm) overall length and 66.3-inch wheelbase. That means a great ride to go along with the great looks.
- Chassis/Suspension: The V Star 950 has a wonderfully light feel. Surprisingly, even though it has a full-size chassis, the bike weighs just 613 pounds wet, with a full tank of gas and all fluids.
- Engine: High-quality forged aluminum pistons have a lightweight, high-strength compact design that contributes to reduce vibration.
- Engine: Lubrication is provided by a simple, reliable wet sump system.
- Engine: Sophisticated fuel injection is used on the V Star 950. The injectors are four-hole, two-directional types with spray aimed at the valve surfaces. That produces good fuel atomization for faster and more complete combustion which contributes to excellent drivability. The fuel injection system also adopts an ISC (Idling Speed Control) valve for outstanding idling stability.
- Engine: The 57.5 cubic inch (942 cc) engine is an air-cooled SOHC 60° V twin. With four valves per cylinder, a pent-roof shaped combustion chamber, and 9.0:1 compression ratio, this engine has been carefully designed to produce excellent power characteristics – and best-in-class acceleration.
- Engine: The 5-speed transmission is all new, with a smooth shifting feeling, and gear ratios spaced to let the rider take full advantage of the engine’s torque characteristics and enjoy comfortable cruising at highway speeds. Naturally, power is efficiently transferred to the rear wheel using simple, quiet belt drive.
- Engine: The combustion chamber shape was precisely engineered to direct the fuel air charge into the center of the piston for faster combustion and maximum power. Ceramic-compositeplated cylinders provide excellent heat dissipation and reduced oil consumption.
- Engine: The designers realized that the engine’s V twin character was so pleasing on its own that a counterbalancer was unnecessary. This also contributes to simplicity and less operating noise.
- Engine: The engine’s look is highly detailed, with polished cylinder fins and beautifully chrome-plated cylinder head covers, for an exceptional appearance sure to be noticed.
- Engine: The V Star 950 achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 47 mpg* with a fuel tank that holds 4.4 gallons of gas.
- Engine: To keep friction loss to a minimum and help the engine achieve the ideal performance characteristics, special compact roller-type rocker arms with needle bearings are used. These also reduce top-end weight for excellent mass centralization.
- Key Features: Fender are real steel, front and rear. That adds to the quality look and feel, and makes customization easier.
- Key Features: The 942cc 60° V-twin engine is both simple and sophisticated. Sure, there’s no-fuss air cooling for traditional looks. But inside you’ll find the reason for the surprisingly spirited performance: four-valve cylinder heads, ceramic-composite-lined cylinders, forged aluminum pistons, and fuel injection. The meticulously tuned 2-into-1 exhaust system has a throaty exhaust note, and also 3-way catalyst technology to reduce air pollution.
- Key Features: The carefully designed chassis contributes to an exceptionally light feeling riders are sure to appreciate. The double-cradle steel main frame offers an ideal rigidity balance in the longitudinal, lateral, and torsional directions, using the engine as a stressed member. With the engine mounting position slightly forward for optimum front-rear weight distribution and its large, 18-inch front wheel, V Star 950 has outstanding handling performance.
- Key Features: The V Star 950 achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 47 mpg* with a fuel tank that holds 4.4 gallons of gas.
- Key Features: The V Star 950 won the prestigious “Metric of the Year” award in 2009 from V-Twin® Magazine.
- Key Features: V Star 950 is the benchmark in the middleweight cruiser class, appealing to seasoned riders as well as those looking for a friendly entry-level cruiser. The air-cooled V-twin delivers plenty of distinctive, big-cruiser character and pulsing torque feel. Seat height is an extra-low 26.5 inches. The full-sized chassis has a long, low look and provides spacious comfort. Handling is sporty and responsive, great for curvy back roads and commuting around town as well as open-highway cruising.