2009 Yamaha V Star 1300
- Stock Number:
All things in moderation, nothing in excess. That's the idea behind the V Star 1300. At the heart of it beats a fuel-injection 80-cubic-inch engine, surrounded by a chassis built to handle. Finished off with a little streamlined style and plenty of Star quality engineering.
*Price does not include Freight, Prep, Admin Fee, or Tax.
|Transmission||Constant mesh 5-Speed, wet multiple-disc|
|Bore x Stroke||100.0 mm x 83.0 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||4.88 gal.|
|Fuel Economy||42 mpg|
|Type||80-cubic inch (1304cc), liquid-cooled 4-stroke, OHC, 4 valve per cylinder, V-Twin|
|Brake Front||Hydraulic Dual Disc Brake, 298mm|
|Brake Rear||Hydraulic Single Disc Brake, 298mm|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic Fork, Coil Spring/oil damper, 5.31" travel|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm, Coil Spring/gas-oil damper, 4.33" travel|
|Tires Front||130/90-16M/C 67H|
|Tires Rear||170/70B-16M/C 75H|
|Wet Weight||668 lbs.|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
- Additional Features: Star quality paint, chrome and detailing vie for attention wherever you look; fenders are steel not plastic.
- Chassis/Suspension: Steel cradle frame has four solid engine mounts—including one atop the front cylinder head—for maximum rigidity and excellent handling.
- Engine: 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing produce plenty of power across the board and a distinctive exhaust note.
- Engine: Computer-controlled twin-barrel fuel injection provides optimal mixture whatever the temperature or altitude.
- 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, fuel-injected V-twin produces excellent power across the board along with a highly stimulating exhaust note.
- Additional Features: Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- Additional Features: Oxygen sensor and catalyst reduce emissions.
- Additional Features: Retro-modern bar-mounted instrumentation contains analog speedometer along with LCD display; indicator lights for high beam, turn signal, low oil pressure, low fuel, coolant temperature, neutral—and engine diagnostic function.
- Additional Features: Rider floorboards for comfort and room; heel/toe shifter makes moving through the five-speed gearbox a snap.
- Authentic cruiser features such as belt drive and steel fenders open up the customization possibilities even further.
- Chassis/Suspension: 41mm fork tubes with stainless covers look great and serve up a smooth, controlled ride.
- Chassis/Suspension: A pair of 298mm front brake discs provide excellent power and feel.
- Chassis/Suspension: A thick, chromed handlebar rides in painted clamps for a custom look.
- Chassis/Suspension: Flangeless fuel tank carries 4.9 gallons of fuel. Mounting the fuel pump in a separate, tucked-away sub-tank allows the thin tank design.
- Chassis/Suspension: Seven-spoke cast wheels and matching rear pulley mount fat, 16-inch tires for a cool period look albeit with big contact patches on the road.
- Chassis/Suspension: Strong, light and virtually maintenance-free belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
- Chassis/Suspension: Stylish, braced steel swingarm and rear wheel are controlled by a single linkage-mounted shock absorber, adjustable for spring preload.
- Engine: 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, single overhead cam 60-degree V-twin with dual counterbalancers offers plenty of smooth performance.
- Engine: Ceramic composite cylinder sleeves contain 100mm forged pistons for excellent durability and longevity.
- Engine: Forged connecting rods ride a single crankpin for true V-twin sound and power
- Engine: Four valves per cylinder (36mm intake, 32mm exhaust) provide optimum combustion efficiency; roller rocker arms reduce friction for better performance and reduced wear.
- Engine: Hydraulic cam chain tensioner reduces noise and maintenance.
- Engine: Sly cooling system routes liquid through hidden hoses and internal engine passages for air-cooled looks and liquid-cooled performance. Oil filter is easy to get to but also tucked nearly out of sight for clean, pure looks.
- Engine: Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission feeds power to an efficient, low-maintenance belt drive
- Midsize Star brings modern classic styling along for a lighter, sportier, hot-rod-inspired ride.
- Modern-classic design, including a flangeless gas tank and two-into-one exhaust, gives the V Star 1300 that distinctive Star look.
- Steel chassis gets 48 percent of the bike’s weight on the front tire, for quick, light handling and maneuverability.
- The V Star 1300 achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 42 mpg** with a fuel tank that holds 4.9 gallons of gas