With the capacity to tow and ability to go longer between fill-ups, the VX Deluxe keeps going long after so-called competitors have opted to call it a day. Offering a selection of amenities that make this affordable three-seater feel more like a high-end watercraft, the VX Deluxe is virtually unbeatable as one of the industry's best-selling watercraft.
- The VX™ Deluxe is powered by a Yamaha MR-1™ four-stroke engine. This is a compact, ultra-lightweight, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for class-leading performance.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that's lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The VX pump design is one of the most efficient pump configuration ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
- Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you cannot turn around easily.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull and Deck
- The VX Deluxe hull is designed to be light and strong.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- Industry's First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha's innovative remote-controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the VX digital security system and Low RPM Mode from up to 30 feet away.
- Low RPM Mode™: The personal watercraft industry's first fuel saving feature, Low RPM can reduce fuel consumption by up to 26% based on average annual use.
- Yamaha Security System: This security system that can be activated with the touch of a button ensures that no one starts the VX Deluxe without your permission.
- Dual Concave Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- 19 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
- Comfortable One-piece Seat: Ergonomically-designed and contoured for added support. The extra-long seat is easily removed for quick access to the engine compartment.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform for reboarding.
- Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry's first self-draining insulated beverage holders.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft's conspicuity.
- Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
- Bore/Stroke: 76mm x 58mm
- Displacement: 1052cc
- Fuel: Regular Unleaded
- Type of Exhaust: Wet
- Type of Lubrication: Dry Sump
- Cooling: Open-Looped, Water
- Starting: Electric
- Ignition: Direct
- Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
- Carburetor/Injection: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
- Ignition Timing: 30° BTDC
- Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
- Pump: 155mm Axial Flow
- Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
- Gear Ratio: 21:31
- Impeller: 3-Blade, Stainless Steel
- Length: 126.8” (3.22m)
- Width: 46.1” (1.17m)
- Height: 45.3” (1.15m)
- Seat Length: 66”/56” (1.67m/1.43m)
- Dry Weight: 710 lb (322 kg)
- Fuel Capacity: 15.9 gal (60L)
- Vehicle Capacity: 3 person/ 529 lb (240 kg)
- Oil Capacity: 1.1 gal (4.3 L)
- Storage Capacity: 18.7 gal (70.8 L)
- Hull Material: SMC (Sheet Molded Compound)
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Color: Neptune Blue; Eclipse Black
Price and specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner's Manual and all labels before operation.